October 21st 2010



It's raining outside and I'm in my warm studio room painting away.


I'm going to try to get a fair bit of work done this afternoon because I plan to take tonight off to go to Mjölk to see an exhibition of Masanori Oji's work, titled Life on the Floor. If you're in Toronto tonight, I highly recommend coming out to see his work. He's also visiting from Japan, so you can meet the artist himself.


Some of my favorite objects from Mjölk are those designed by Oji, including the Kami Mug, Butter Case and Kake Tosaka broom. His work is so perfect and so simple.


Also, here is an article recently published on the HGTV website on the couple, John and Juli, that run Mjölk. They're so well spoken, and you can tell they really love what they do by how they speak about it. That's always inspiring.

2 comments:

  1. wow. that broom is so beautiful! if i didnt have plans already, i'd definitely join you up at the opening. have fun and let me know how it is. xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, isn't it amazing? There are others at the shop that are equally awesome.
    I wish you could come, too! It's been way too long! Tell your school that I'd like to have words with it for stealing so much of your time away from your friends. For shame, school. Coffee soon?

    ReplyDelete