July 21st 2010



Yesterday, Anabela came over to take photos of our home and studio. I'm excited to see how they turned out. She's very sweet; always bringing a treat with her when we visit. The last time, it was the Dala horse cake pans, which I plan to get lots more use out of when things cool off and I have more time to bake.


Yesterday, however, it was an adorable pair of cat coasters that she'd sewn, (with hand-embroidered faces!). I fell in love instantly! I love cats, linen and gingham, and they couldn't have been more perfect. I've already been getting a ton of use out of them. I usually have a coffee or tea on my desk while I work, so I've got a sweet kitty coaster to set them on now.


She's making a batch of them to sell at the Little Winter market in Portland, OR in November. I'm so flattered that she gave a pair to me. I think they'll do very well.


Anabela also has a new line of handmade bags being released August 2nd with her friend, Caitlin Holcomb, of Nice Etc. The line is called Summer Water, and updates on the project can be found here. Very exciting! I'm sure they'll sell out straight away! They're beautiful bags.


Anabela will be posting her photos from her visit in the next week or so, and I'll be sure and post a link as soon as she does.





8 comments:

  1. ack, those coasters are crazy adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! Aren't they the best? I love that each one's face will be just little different because they're hand-stitched.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are the sweetest! I had such a lovely morning! A great way to start the day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too! It was lots of fun. Thanks for the visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are really sweet! What a lucky girl you are. I agree I think that the Summer Water line will sell out in a Jiffy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aren't I? She blogged about our visit, here : http://fieldguided.blogspot.com/2010/07/homebodies-melinda-josie.html
    Her photos are so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those coasters are great. What a good idea for small pieces of fabric that you might have leftover. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know! I'll post a link, too, if I find out that she's selling them online. I think every home should have a set of these... haha!

    ReplyDelete