December 9th 2010

Busy, busy, busy!
I do love the holiday season, but it's busy.


I've been working on a ton of little, (and some big), projects in the last little while. Assignments for magazines, (which I'll post when they're published), commissioned paintings, Christmas card designs, (as well as our own!), and sending out prints and things. It's been wonderful.


Chris and I got a tree yesterday, decorated it, and made a nice big batch of, (what my family calls), Scrabble. Other people call it Nuts and Bolts. My family always made this over the holidays. Well, I decided to take over and make this year's batch. It was HUGE! It made two giant roast pans full. I hope everyone we know wants some, because there's no way we, and our relatives, will get through all of this.


I found this video while searching online for this band, Tricot Machine. They're based out of Trois-Rivières, Québec, and have a very sweet Christmas album. I'm in love with this video! It's so well done, and the song is very pretty.




I was sent some very sweet mail recently by an illustrator named Sarah Musi. She has been working on a project where she creates a tiny piece of artwork, about 2" x 3" in size, and sends it to her favorite artists, hoping to get a small piece of artwork in return. She even sent a tiny card for me to paint on, and a return envelope. She posted my painting and reply letter on her blog, here. Thanks for the tiny artwork, Sarah!

4 comments:

  1. so glad you're keeping busy, merl. i havent seen you in WAY too long. im finished all my assignments, so please try to squeeze a coffee in to your busy schedule! i could even be your little elf and help you out if you need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tony! So busy! You know all about it. And I KNOW! It's been way too long! I can't wait to hang out again! I'm looking forward to a lovely coffee date soon! xoxox (And thank you for the offer to help out! You're the best! I'll let you know if I need a hand!) xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. hope you're doing well Melinda! Sounds like you are!!! busy busy bee!

    Brian and I got a tree too this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun! You'll have to post photos on your blog! I'd love to see! (And I should do the same). Will you be at the opening at Narwhal tonight? I hope so! It'd be nice to see you before everyone takes off for the holidays! xox

    ReplyDelete