September 28th 2012


Anabela and Geoff got married a couple of weeks ago.

I wanted to make something special for them, because they're pretty special friends.  They both love cats; quite possibly, (dare I say it), even more than me, especially their two kitties Oreo and Pony.

Both Chris and I put our heads together and decided that we wanted to make them a framed painting.  If you're familiar with their work, you'll know that they use a lot of light, ethereal imagery, so I wanted to include a hint at that in the painting.  Anabela loves peonies, and I thought Pony would look adorable in a silk ribbon.  Chris made a beautiful frame and we stained it with white pickling stain to keep the whole thing nice and bright, (like their lovely apartment).

Anabela posted a little more about the painting, which you can view here.



On another note; I wanted to mention the event happening at the AGO tomorrow night for Nuit Blanche.  Heather Goodchild has recreated a midcentury garment, ceramic and metal-work factory in Made It Then, Make It Againwhere workers will be assembly-line manufacturing uniforms, mugs and metal stools for the workers to sit on.  I'll be helping out along the garment line, and will clock on between 1-4am, but the whole performance takes place between 7pm and 7am.  For a proper explanation, and some beautiful photos of the space coming together, visit The Wardens Today.



Also, I'm looking forward to sharing a painting I've been working on lately for an upcoming show.  It will take place at the end of October in New York.  It's been a lot of fun so far, and I'll post all about it closer to the date of the show.

5 comments:

  1. You've captured them beautifully, Melinda!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Charlyn! I'm glad you like it! I just realized that I've painted nearly all of the 'lady brunch' gang's cats now... wowee! hahaha!

      Delete
  2. Are you currently painting custom orders? I would love to have a print made of my dog, I have a photo I love of her. I would be interested in information and prices if you do. Otherwise, beautiful job on this one!

    M. Fay
    amateurcouture@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. M,
      I've just written you an email in regard to your question.

      Delete
  3. this is so perfectly them! I love how much Anabela loves it!!

    ReplyDelete