January 5th 2010


Brrr.


It's chilly. It's finally feeling like winter. I'm finally getting wind-burnt cheeks every time I go for a walk. I found a new favorite word in that Tove Jansson book I started reading, that perfectly describes the light that comes in to our house during this time of year; "snowlight". I think it's probably a word made up during translation from Swedish, but it's so pretty. I love the winter light. Everything looks so cool and bright, even when it's cloudy out.


I was out first thing this morning. It's been snowing for the last day or so, but everything is still just dusted over. I hope we get a lot more!


Now that I'm back home again, I'm going to get to work on a new painting. Actually, I have a couple of ideas, but there's one that I need to finish up in the next few days. I'll post all about it when I'm finished.



No comments:

Post a Comment