September 9th 2009

In yesterday's post, I mentioned that I was very excited to have an ad on the same page as Lena Corwin. I thought I'd write a little about her today for those of you who are less familiar with her work.


Lena Corwin is a Brooklyn-based textile designer and illustrator, (so you can see where I may be drawn to her work). She creates beautiful designs, often with sweet, delicate, intricate patterns.


Printing By Hand, By Lena Corwin © 2008, Photos By Thayer Allyson Gowdy
ISBN 978 - 1584796725


Last year, when her book Printing By Hand was published, I pre-ordered a copy for myself. I had recently begun to create patterns for fabric that I was having printed. Having fabric printed was quite expensive, and I debated printing my own. (I have as of yet to print my own fabric, but plan to in the next while). The photos, (taken by Thayer Allyson Gowdy), and ideas in this book are so lovely. There are lots of fun projects to do, and I highly recommend picking up a copy of this book, if even just to look at.


Over the last year she's been working on other book projects, including art magazine Lines & Shapes, and a new series of journals, including newly published Journal of Plants.






If you'd like to see more of Lena's work, you can find her website here, and her blog here.





Speaking of fabric designs, this morning my new fabrics showed up in the mail! The colours are quite off, but the fabrics they're printed on are so pretty. I chose to print onto a bamboo/cotton and an organic cotton knit. They're both very soft, and I can think of lots of projects that they could both be used for! I'll start taking pre-orders when I've gotten the colours properly adjusted. For better photos of them, please visit my Flickr page.





I made the most delicious scones for breakfast this morning. I love peach season! I improvised on another recipe for rolled oat and dried fruit scones, and instead added peaches and cinnamon. They made the house smell amazing, (and they were pretty tasty!).


Well, I've distracted myself enough from work today. Back to it.

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh...Those kitties are adorable, I'm so glad to of found your lovely blog!

    ReplyDelete