May 26th 2010




The weather is gorgeous, and has been all week so far. It's gotten really balmy, (especially considering it's not even June!). With the humidity, it's supposed to get as high as 35 ℃ today.


Between jobs and projects I've been allowing myself some breaks to run outside, even if it's just to drink an iced coffee on the porch. Yesterday, Chris and I got 90 L of soil from the local garden centre, and it still didn't properly fill all of our pots for tomatoes! I think I'll need to take another trip this afternoon.


I've also been keeping my eye on the mulberry tree in front of our house. Each spring it drops berries all over our front walkway and stains it a deep purple. I'm going to use more of the berries this year to make a nice batch of jam! I can't wait. I don't think I've ever had mulberry jam before.


When I finally head back inside, it's back to work on an illustration job I've been working on. I'll post about it at the end of the week. I've also got another job which could be quite exciting that I'll link to shortly. (I know, always so taciturn...). I'm still working away on paintings for an upcoming exhibition at Narwhal Art Projects in July. It's going to be a great show! Some of my favorite artists that they feature will have work included.


Speaking of which, I think it's back to work for me. I'll take another break for some sunshine later.


AH! I nearly forgot! Anabela made some beautiful cushions out of some of my Kitty Buds fabric! You can read all about it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment