May 2nd 2010

It's May! It's a bit cloudy and rainy today, but it's still warm and pretty nice out.


I wanted to take the time to thank a couple of people for their posts featuring a bit of my work in the last week.


First is Austen, copy editor for Canadian Living magazine and author of their craft blog, Make+Do. I met Austen at the Trunk Show a couple of weekends ago, and she posted about the new print she'd gotten at the show. This was the print that I made specifically for the show, (for those of you who aren't familiar with the workroom, it's primarily a sew-by-the-hour space here in Toronto). Thanks Austen!


Also, there were a couple of sweet, local girls that had a table just down from ours that day, and posted some photos of the wares at the sale, including my kittybuds fabric! Thanks to Carolyn and Alda of Beside Herself! It was so nice to meet you that day!


With warm weather, always comes my infatuation with picnics. I love a good picnic. Some day I hope to design a picnic basket like the ones by Cath Kidston, (which I used for reference in this painting).




Spring sort of makes me want to do this:


found on Camilla Engman's Flickr photostream today! So cute!

1 comment:

  1. awe i love camilla's work! but also i love that picnic! isn't it so exciting that spring is in the air!!! woot woot.

    ReplyDelete