May 5th 2010




A year or so ago, I became familiar with local artist, Kris Knight's work. He was showing at Katherine Mulherin Contemporary Art Projects. I've always been a fan of portraiture, but his are especially striking. I love the references to Canadiana sprinkled throughout his works. (It's not obvious in the pieces I've included in this post, but he often paints his figures wrapped in Hudson's Bay Point blankets, plaids, and winter parkas). I can appreciate his work that much more since I started working with oils again. It's quite difficult!








Also, Lauchie Reid's show is hung at Narwhal Art Projects and has already gotten a great response! Congratulations, Lauchie! The show opens tomorrow night, for those of you in Toronto.

4 comments:

  1. i also love kris knights work! so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next time he has a show in town, let's go see it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. kris is such a painting rock star. i heart him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know, isn't he? I would love to see more of his work in person again. These images don't really do them justice.

    ReplyDelete