October 3rd 2009



Recently, Nikki sent me a link to what turned out to be my new favorite shoe company's website. They're called KOOS, and originate from the Netherlands. (Above you'll find THE best looking boot I've ever seen).




Apparently the flagship store was opened in the Netherlands, then another shop opened up in Japan. The flagship store has since closed down, so as far as I know Japan is the only place you can find these shoes... figures...


I'm usually a bit picky about my footwear, and have the hardest time trying to find winter boots that I really like. Maybe I could take a trip to Japan soon? Or figure out how to order them off of rakuten.co.jp? (Ouch! I just checked the conversion, and they're all around $400 CAD! Yikes).


Hmm.


I think learning to work with leather might be a more frugal idea...



7 comments:

  1. Those boots are perfectly you Melinda. Maybe if you start selling clothing you make on etsy or bigcartel you can pay for the boots? I will most probably buy everything you make so maybe I should just send you $400 now to save some time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. now you're talking! shoemaking classes? i've been dying to have those.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Karyn! Please, let's make shoes & boots!
    And Sarah, $400 would be lovely. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooooh, those brown numbers with the laces are beaauuuutiful. lets pool an order and save on shipping {at least}! visiting Japan sounds good too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know, aren't they? I'm actually sourcing out materials right now to try to make something similar... times are tough! haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Melinda, I thought the same thing when I first saw them: they are so you! I bet they would last forever, too. I feel like we should start a "Melinda needs these boots" collection.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anabela, that's a lovely idea! hahaha!
    I think if I did that, they'd turn into my "guilt" boots. I'll just have to work really really hard to get them, I guess!

    ReplyDelete