October 7th 2009



This is a photo I took the other night after a big storm we had. I had run outside to see a rainbow at the end of our street, (which I ended up missing!), but the sky was such a beautiful colour.





Chris and I made a nice big batch of orange marmalade yesterday. I wanted to make something nice to bring to Chris' Dad for his birthday this weekend. He loves orange marmalade, (I think it's the Scottish in him), so I thought I'd try my hand at it. It was so much fun! And I tried some on cinnamon raisin toast this morning, and it's delicious! It looks like orange jewels in a jar. Yum yum. I think I'd like to make some spiced orange marmalade for Christmas presents.


Our neighbour also brought over a book of jam, marmalade and chutney recipes, so I'm sure that'll keep me busy!






I've started working on an ink drawing that I'm planning on silkscreening. I haven't worked with india ink in a long time, until I worked on a job that required vector work recently. I forgot how much fun it could be! I'll post it when I'm finished, (which might be a while, because it's full of detail).

No comments:

Post a Comment