October 9th 2009


I was playing around with ink and watercolour this morning and realized that it had been a few days since I posted my last "What I Wore Today" painting.


Today I wanted to try something new, so I painted the background colour with watercolour, then went over everything with ink and a quill pen. (I don't think I've used a quill since I was a student, so that was a challenge).


I'm working on a new painting that I'm excited about. I'll post a link to my portfolio when I'm finished it. That may be after the Thanksgiving weekend, because we'll be out of town. I'm looking forward to meeting more of Chris' family, and having dinner at a vineyard. I won't be going home for a Thanksgiving dinner, which is sad, but we'll be going to Chris' Dad's dinner, which is always delicious!


HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!

4 comments:

  1. happy thanksgiving melinda! i miss you! lets see eachother soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... p.s. the watercolours with ink outline are gorgeous. i think you should consider doing this more...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anthony! I miss you too! We'll definitely have to visit soon!
    And thanks! I'm glad you like it! I think I like the watercolour without line looks even better!
    Are we making masks this week?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving, Melinda! I tagged you for a silly/fun thing, and I hope you don't mind!

    ReplyDelete