April 9th 2010




Happy Friday, everyone!


This is a quick reminder that the Poppytalk Handmade Market where I have some of my prints and fabrics featured is only up until 9 pm GMT -7:00 tonight. As previously posted, I'm having a sale on the items in my shop until this time. Any orders over $10 CAD will receive 25% off, and orders over $50 CAD will receive a small pencil drawing!


Also, Italian art and design blog Frizzi Frizzi have a post on my work today!


PS - The photo at the top of this post is of a batch of homemade crème fraiche that I made last night. I am going to go eat a spoonful now.

4 comments:

  1. is it better if I order from poppytalk? Or should I just order from you? I was thinking of getting another mr. Dre print to mail to a good friend of mine, do you still have any?

    how do you make creme fraiche?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Celine! You can order through me. Ordering through Poppytalk takes you to my website, so it's the same difference.

    And crème fraiche is just about the easiest thing you can make! I wish I'd known earlier, because it's so expensive! To make it; you take 1 cup of heavy cream, (at least 30% M.F.), 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp of buttermilk and 2 tbsp of plain yogurt, mix together and heat to 85℉. When it's up to that heat, remove it from the stove top immediately, pour into a mason jar and shake it. I only shook it for a moment because it didn't say how long to shake it. Then you let it stand (without moving it around too much) on the counter for 12-48 hours . It tastes amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. melinda - you leave it out on the counter for that long and it's okay? then do you move it to the fridge. i really want to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, it's okay to sit out that long because you want the bacterial cultures to start to develop. It says on the recipe that if it starts to smell like ammonia it's been sitting out too long. I left it out for 12 hours, and that was enough. As soon as it's ready, pop it in the fridge to cool and it'll become really thick and creamy! (Mine separated at the bottom, and I think when I've bought it at the store it did the same).

    ReplyDelete